Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Emry to the rescue!

My mother mentioned to me that I didn't tell the story of Emry trying to come save me after I fell.

Here's the scenario: William at home watching Emry and her "twin" (born on the same day, same year) sister, Ellie.

William gets a phone call from me telling him I had fallen and that I wasn't sure if I was ever going to be the same again. :)

William tells the girls to be quiet that mommy had fallen on the ice and he needed to hear me talking on the phone.

Emry and Ellie go downstairs at which point they proceed to get their boots and coats on (remember this was last Wednesday when it was still -25.

William hears Emry say to Ellie, "when my dad finds out we are gone, we're gonna be in big trouble!"

William goes downstairs to find the girls heading out of the driveway going to look for me!

Emry does tell me later that she was going to take the pink jeep (battery powered hot wheels) but it was covered with snow. And that they were going to stay on the side of the road until they found me. She did one of those funny faces I shared a couple days ago while telling me this.

Really I appreciate the thought Emry but please don't go trekking out by yourself in below zero temps!

She has really become concerned with me and the baby though. She hugs and kisses my belly all the time, and talks to it. Her favorite thing is to talk or touch my belly and say "did she hear/feel that"?

I have a feeling next school year might be very interesting with her.

-Contessa

1 comment:

  1. I'm all caught up! I really don't have time to do all my blog catching up once every couple of weeks. I should remember to visit more often! I enjoyed the read! :)

    ReplyDelete