Friday, November 2, 2012

We're Expecting!!

That's right folks, we're expecting brothers from the DRC!  "A" will be 5 in December, and "N" is 2 1/2.  They have the sweetest little faces, and if you see one of us personally we will be more than happy to let you see them.  Unfortunately, we cannot share there pictures across the world wide web. 

As most of you know we have been awaiting this email from our agency for over a week now!  We spoke on the phone about the boys but couldn't share anything until we received our written referral.  Now the count is on.  We have 30 days to turn in our dossier (which is complete, just needs to be scanned and sent in) and come up with $14,000!  He hee hmmmm...you know what though, I am not at all scared or unsure that this need will be met.  We had a wonderful revival at our church this past week, and Sunday's sermon was about miracles.  People, God is still in the miracle business! 
I'll admit at times I have to give it over, but more and more especially this last week I have had a peace. 

I've spoken to a couple people about my thoughts and feelings about getting attached to these children.  Reading many adoption blogs, I've found that when people would speak about the children and talk so intently that they were theirs etc, it made me kind of roll my eyes.  You see anything can happen.  They could travel home next summer and be ours forever, or in a couple months one could pass away from the sub-standard living conditions, or from not having enough food to eat.  Possibly even the government could stop or halt the adoption process.  Anything can happen, but I have realized that just as much the child that is carried in the womb that has been lost and taken to heaven was that women's child, these are the children that God has placed in our hearts and we will do everything to bring them home.  And in the unfortunate event they are never placed to live with us they will have a place within our hearts. 

How could we work for over a year towards bringing them home without getting attached?  Am I supposed to stay guarded and then when everything works out the way we think, I am supposed to all of a sudden love them?  No, we love them now and it will continue to grow as we work towards making them Wolverton's. 

I don't say that because I think anyone reading has those thoughts that I have had.  Just a way for me to think through these crazy thoughts rolling around in my brain.  :)

More about the boys, "A" has the most beautiful skin and the most kissable lips!  He, being almost 5, looks to be unsure about his surroundings and this new life and more aware.  What loss and pain. You can see, in his giant eyes, he carries the burdens of a Bigger Brother at all too young an age, and we know God has a plan to bring him and his small Brother out of their current world.  -William takes credit for the last sentence. 

They have been in the orphanage since last spring.  "N" has THE cutest little smile, and tiny little teeth.  His eyes are so big and brown, and a cute button nose. His genuine happy expression is so innocent and pure that it would be humanly impossible not to instantly fall in love with him!  -William wrote that last sentence.  :)

More information to come later.  We'll get you updated on the next steps after turning in the dossier and money.  If everything goes as it has been going we should be travelling next summer.

I have a bunch of crafts and stuff to sell at the What Women Want Craft show tomorrow, so stop on by.  SoHi 10-5. 


-The Wolvertons

No comments:

Post a Comment