Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Gracias

Ha, not sure why I'm speaking spanish on such a Freezing Cold day! 

I have been thinking about how grateful we are to those that have given, encouraged, and prayed.  Some gave so sacrificially it about brought us to our knees.  Thank You isn't enough but hopefully knowing you followed the spirits calling and seeing the boys faces one day will be enough!

I was able to speak with our coordinator today.  I tried to ask all the questions that have been building up.  I need to start writing them down when I think of it! 

My first question was what is next?  Our dossier should head out to the DRC early next week (hopefully).  At that point we will start out first waiting period.  She said it could be around 4-6 weeks to get a verbal approval from the courts about adopting the boys.  Although, I have heard of some cases taking 2-4 months.  Father be with us!  At that point once it is in written form they will technically be Wolverton's!!  Hearing from other DRC mama's sometimes you don't even know you have a court date, all of a sudden you get word that they are your's!  Let's pray it's sooner rather than later. 

After that is another form to fill out, and waiting for Visas etc. 

We can now start sending the boys care packages.  We are beyond thrilled to be at this stage!  We can send them clothes, books, and a family album.  They will see our faces! We can do this once a month I believe.  There are about 20 children in the house in the Mbuji Mayi region right now, so we can include a small sucker etc. for the other children that might not be matched yet.  How exciting is that!?

I would love it if they could come home at the beginning of summer rather than the end.  We need to transition those poor boys to this climate!!  Please be in prayer with us that the rest of the process would go as smoothly and quickly as it has so far. 

-contessa

P.S.  Oh, and I looked at their birth certificates today.  A was right at 6 lbs at birth, and N was 6.5.  I don't know why but it just about brought me to tears.  Just imagining their mother, father and family life.  They need to come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment