Friday, February 20, 2009

Ugh...

Resolutions...why do I even try? Sorry to all my loyal blog followers (my mom)! Things have just been crazy with William's work and I am definitly getting tired lately. Also not feeling very social I guess. I do have some pictures to post but will hopefully get to those within a couple days. I figured if I didn't post soon some kind of blog alien might come attack me, or worse.

So I'll leave you with this thought

Why is it that in EVERY church I have attended there seems to be one old guy who has to clip his fingernails during service? Like he doesn't have the time in his retirement. This just cracks me up! And excuse me but that clipping noise is WAY more distracting than any noise my child is making! :)-

Oh and at dinner as I was telling William about this, he said, "yah that's what my dad tought me to do". So it looks like I'll be joining the old wives club eventually.

3 comments:

  1. You're lucky you got on this...earlier I tried to post a comment about your lack of follow through, but for some reason couldn't....I'm here after round one of trying to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tess,
    Do you remember that your dad always would wait until he was playing the guitar to cut his??? I guess its just another one of those manly things that we will never understand... What always used to irritate me was Vickie rattling her peppermint candy in church. I wonder what we do that people would like to lean over and say "Uh, I'm sorry but that is really distracting". When I was a kid there was this lady who always popped her gum... I thought it was so cool as the saying goes now days. I couldn't wait til I learned to do it. She must have had a cavity or something that the gum would get into and make a little bubble or something. I mean it was every chew and really loud. Once in Denver's message he was talking about things that we let get to us and he mentioned the baptistry curtain that was hanging crooked. WELL, I had never noticed it before but every Sunday after that it bothered me. My take on all this is that Satan will use any and everything he can to distract us from God's Word. So guess we need to pray for our services more ahead of time.... Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leave it to Mom to give fingernail clipping a spiritual application! love ya, Mom!

    Just be glad it isn't his toenails!!

    ReplyDelete