Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Faithful

Psalm 115:1 1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness.

Psalm 89:1 1 I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations.

Psalm 33:4 (#1 of 15 Bible Verses about God's Faithfulness) 4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.

Psalm 36:5
5 Your love, O LORD, reaches to the heavens, your faithfulness to the skies.

Yesterday was rough.  Satan really got in and attacked from all sides.  William and I had to look each other in the eyes and answer the same questions that we've answered time and time again in this last year.

Do we feel like God has called us to adopt?

Are we both in this?

We just had to realize that we are not the author of this book.  If God has called you to it, He will bring you through it!  (I've heard that somewhere)

All we can do is take it one day at a time.  We cannot think about the money that will be due in 3-4 months.  That will be taken care of "tomorrow".  Right now we need to put together the $11,175 to sign on to the DRC contract.  Frankly, we need it now so that we can keep moving forward.  It's important with expiration dates on homestudy's, fingerprints, and paperwork. 

I had not checked in with the Church to see if any donations had come in from our letter we sent out.  Pastor Greg though had informed me that he thought something had come in the mail a couple days ago.  I talked with someone in charge of that, and she said yes around $300 had come in!  I didn't know that!

I informed her that there might be another donation that had just come in, and was she aware of that.  She said no, but would check.  Well, I went to check the mail and when I returned she informed me that indeed there was a check for $1,200!!!  I'm not sure where it came from, but apparently some type of grant?  WOW!!

This living on the edge thing is going to be tough...but someones got to do it. 

**On a side note I have a pay pal donate button now.  Please don't feel that I am begging for money.  It's just easier for some people to donate this way if they feel led.

Also, I am thinking of making T-shirts for the adoption.  I wanted to make a cool poll to post on the blog but it wouldn't ever work! 
My questions are:
Should I design it for both genders or just female?

Should I make it Wolverton adoption specific?  Meaning, instead of making it about orphans or adopting in general I would include a map of Alaska, Africa, our name etc. ?

If you would please leave a comment on here or facebook.  Thanks!

-Contessa

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord about the donations that came into the church! I love to hear that after our conversation. I need to get back to you about the t-shirts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thankful for the Lord's provision. Dw and I have found that the more we give away {not tithe - tithe is required!}, the more HE blesses for what we need. We don't "give to get"...we give because there are needs...and then He meets our needs. I'm not sure how it works in the heavenlies, but I know that He has always been faithful. Thank you so much for sharing! The Lord is, indeed, faithful!

    ReplyDelete